Google

Friday, June 23, 2023

Special Photos, Special Food

I wanted to show the Custers one of my favorite places, and it turns out they had never been to the Portrait Gallery in the Second National Bank building. The miniatures (bottom of left page) are some of my favorite pieces). We also listened to a Ranger talk about the statues and the Peale paintings.



This layout is based on the October 2022 sketch from a CM Virtual Crop. I liked the gold tone of the frames in the portraits so I used the Silver and Gold collection from CM--very versatile. You can use it for New Year's, Weddings, Anniversaries, or historic photos! I chose 2 rows of border stickers for the dividing line between the cardstock and the paper. The title "Old Photographs" worked so well here, though it was part of a heritage pack from Paper Loft. I had a few fleur de lis stickers that I scattered around as well. Probably could have managed those better, but the pages are done!

After our tour, we met up for dinner at City Tavern. Not only is it part of the NPS but Sierra had recently been in a baking competition where one of the judges was Chef Staib who runs the restaurant. I thought it only fair that she judge his food! We all enjoyed our meals.



This layout is based on a pin I saved on Pinterest. Now that I know more about Kiwi Lane, I likely would not have saved this sketch. Kiwi Lane products require you to trace and cut out your papers. I find that repulsive when there are so many better tools available. I used the CM 12" Decorative Trimmer to make the wavy segments in the middle of the page. The papers are from the Tonal Collections. Each quarter CM launches a set of 3 tonal paper packs with coordinating stickers. It is a great way to either add paper to a coordinating kit or to make pages without true "Themes". 

No comments:

Post a Comment