Google

Friday, June 2, 2023

"Modern" Miracles

 The kitchen area had several "new" items (by early 20th-century standards). I did not get a photo of the telephone but you can see the hot water heater and indoor sink. Dunbar's mom was a widow and took in laundry to earn money. She had some larger wash items on the enclosed porch behind the kitchen. 



This layout is from the same class as last week (both of these layouts are). This one uses papers from the Gemtones collection--one of the mystery boxes. You'll notice that there are not a lot of papers on this layout, just the triangle art we made in class and some punched circles. It's a reminder that you don't need a lot to enhance a page. All you really need are photos and journaling. That's scrapbooking!

These are the final 2 pages of the Dunbar house and feature the upstairs--Dunbar's bedroom and typewriter and the bathroom. There are several more rooms but as they were devoted more to his mother I decided not to scrapbook them. You can see another hot water heater for the bath here.



The papers on this layout are from Graphic 45--a kit I want to use up called Olde Curiosity Shop. There is a paper in there with flying pigs and I don't know if I'll ever get to use that one. They have a lot of busy prints but by choosing wisely and cutting them I was able to mix 3 of them on this layout. The typewriter die cut is from the old CM Archivers line. You'll see that I matted all of the photos on this layout. I don't always do that but I wanted them to stand out from the patterned papers.



No comments:

Post a Comment