Google

Friday, June 16, 2023

Benjamin Franklin with the Family

My next stop at a National Park site took me down the road to Philadelphia. Now that I live close, and my niece is looking at a college here, it has become a convenient meeting spot for the family. Lisa and Jason dropped Sierra (the niece) off at the college to visit with a friend. Meanwhile, we sipped coffee and then I took them to some of my favorite sites in the National Park Service. First up--the Ben Franklin Museum. Because it was Veteran's Day, there are no fees so we could roam the museum as we liked.



This layout is based on an Even More Scrapping sketch. I chose some fall-themed papers, though the brown tones match the historical components nicely. The green tags were sitting on my desk so they were added more for convenience than decoration ☺. I did not have a lot of embellishments for this one but I did add one of the Scrapbook Customs' "National Park Adventure" title stickers. That one is on each package of park-themed stickers and I have a great many packs of stickers!

Our next stop was to the Franklin Print shop where we watched the ranger creating a printed page (many more were hanging up to dry). While I've seen this process many times, it is always a nice diversion. And given the chill of the day, it was nice to be indoors!



This layout is based on one I saved on Pinterest. I used 2 papers from my Heritage collection. I thought the newsprint was a perfect page but since I had only one piece I needed to cut it up into four 3" strips. I cut the other paper in half and sandwiched it between the newsprint. To cover the seams, I added several pairs of border strips from the extras I had in the Tonal collections from CM. The title is from a family tree cut-apart pack from Paper Loft. I'm sure it was to be used on a page with wills or family bibles but it was PERFECT for these historic newspapers!

No comments:

Post a Comment