Google

Friday, April 29, 2022

Summer Road Trip Part 1--Richmond

 In September 2016 I had quite a road trip. My in-laws had reserved 2 weeks at the beach in North Carolina, and the Health Professions Network was scheduled to be in Louisville around the same time. We'll spend a few months going through all the National Park components of the trip. There are 2 full albums and of course many more layouts you won't see here as they are either family events or non-NPS sites. 



This is the kick-off page for the first volume. It doesn't say volume 1 because I naively thought that I would get everything in one album. The base page is a fast-to-fabulous page from one of the travel packs. The title "Life is an Adventure" was pre-printed on the page. I added a strip of brown cardstock as a sign base and then cut a few directional words from patterned paper and found a few travel stickers that would describe a road trip. The old station wagon sticker and suitcase were the final touches. I based the page on this layout I pinned.

You can see from my itinerary that I drove thousands of miles! My first stop was in Richmond where I revisited the Maggie Walker National Historic Site. I had time to watch the movie in the visitor center and get stamps but didn't tour the house again. I doubt that much has changed inside the house.



The left page is based on this page that I saved on Pinterest. I changed up the components of the top border but it has the same feel. I thought that gave me enough room to print my itinerary. On the right, I decided to make a border from a sketch I had saved from Creative Memories. Follow this link and scroll to the third sketch to see the suggestion. I used some Paper Loft papers and a few stickers from my Heritage stash to finish the border and I love how it turned out.

While in Richmond I stopped by the Tredegar Iron Works which is the main visitor center for the area. I didn't go to any of the outlying battlefields on this trip. Tredegar is always a nice place to stop and see the artifacts. This time I focused more on the outdoor elements of the building.



For this page, I pulled an old sketch I had saved from CM's 2017 Virtual Crop. While I kept the borders at the top and bottom, I didn't add the title to the middle of the page. The borders were made with 3" strips of brick paper and a lattice border maker punch which I cut in half. The vintage train added to the overall brown/sepia tone (even though these are full-color photos).

No comments:

Post a Comment