Google

Friday, April 15, 2022

The BEST Jerry, the BEST!

 In June 2016, Monocacy National Battlefield held an open house. Literally--one of the farmhouses (called the Best Farm) was opened for special tours. It's only open 1-2 days a year so I took advantage of the opportunity to visit. And get stamps. They had some reenactors in period costumes and some ranger talks in the barn. I spent a nice day wandering around the displays.





I was playing along with the Creative Memories Virtual crop and based this on sketch #12. This was another mystery box weekend and the contents (Shabby Chic Rose) had a perfect rustic fit for the farmhouse. The box also included the medallion flower punch and I used a series of them to create the border between the top and bottom sections of the layout. You'll notice I doubled the sketch and repeated the process on the right as well. The title sticker on the right is from a very old pack of CM paper but I thought the sentiment worked well with the theme.



In order to use all the photos I wanted on the layout, I included 2 peekaboo pockets on the right page.


My second set of pages focused on the living history encampment featuring a physician. I can spend a long time looking over the medical history items. The ether bottle was a new one for me.



This layout is also based on a sketch from the virtual crop. This time sketch #11. The paper is from the Homestead collection--another pack that works well with historical and rustic themes. The overall technique is a series of 12" strips (varying widths) and some border stickers to separate the areas. There is another peekaboo pocket here. I have the contents of the lean-to tent as a close up once you lift the photo of the tent. I thought that was clever.

No comments:

Post a Comment