Google

Friday, December 4, 2020

Happy Trails part 13--Fort Selden

 After leaving the Farm and Ranch Museum, I headed to my next stop on the El Camino Real stamp path: Fort Selden. It was built around the time of the Civil War to provide safety and peace in the area. It must have worked because by 1895 it was no longer needed and was abandoned. Only remnants of the buildings remain.



The impetus for this layout is the border at the top of the left page. It was a pin I had saved on Pinterest. The paper is from an older CM line called "Reminisce"--one of my favorite lines. The tones and background designs work for so much of my travels. The letter block in the top left is supposed to say "US"--something I cut from my heritage Paper Loft word sheets. But I decided that a couple of judiciously placed dots would create U. S. and it worked perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment