Google

Friday, November 27, 2020

Happy Trails Part 12--Blacksmithing

 The last entry for the Farm and Ranch Museum is the Blacksmith Shop. I also added the photos of the horses I took on my barn tour. 

Add caption


The layout is based on an older 1-2-3 sketch by Noreen Smith (May 2013). The concept is simple--use 4x6 blocks alternating with photos across the bottom and a title at the top. I varied that by making the left bottom all photos (evenly spaced). For the top row on the left, I had a photo paper with the horse face on it and I was able to cut it to 6x4--of course it's in the wrong direction but really--sketches are idea starters, so don't feel like you can't make an adjustment. I added a journal box and again spaced it so that there wasn't too much empty space on either side. The top is another photo paper from a farm/western pad I picked up. I cut it in half and placed the horseshoes across the top. The only thing left to fill was the cardstock fillers on the right. I cut a border sticker in half and layered it across the middle. That tied it all together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment