Google

Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Madness in the Desert Part 28--Cliff Notes

After the Ranger Talk, we wandered the park for a bit. There is an overlook where you can see to the bottom of the canyon. The park brochure shows one of the housing areas along the cliff face. You can see more on the bottom layout. This page shows a better view of the depth of the canyon. We are standing on the rim.



I thought I had followed a sketch for this layout but could not find a copy if I did. I had also been posting on the Scrapbook.com forums and I entered this in the monthly "Use Your Scraps" challenge. You can see that the bottom border is a series of 1/2" strips left over from many different collections. So long as the tone of the papers matches, you don't need to use the same packs (though if you have remnants of a collection this is a good way to use those up). At the top of the page is a paper border from one of the outdoor collections (Adventure I think). I punched the middle paper with a "knock-out" style border maker cartridge for extra interest. This type of punch leaves a "hole" that shows the bottom layer for contrast.

With Jim still a little tired, we skipped walking down to the cliff dwellings but you can see them from across the canyon on a very nice nature trail. On this page, you get a better sense of the scale of the houses compared to the cliff's height! I cannot imagine walking up and down that cliff every day to either work in the canyon or above it.



This layout is from the CM Virtual Crop in April 2019. I know the circles are from an old outdoor pack. I'm not sure where the base paper came from. I used a laser-cut border to create a middle-of-the-page divider.

No comments:

Post a Comment