Google

Sunday, October 6, 2024

Lasting Memories Post 1--Wild Life

Hello all! I'm serving as a Guest Designer for Lasting Memories all through October! I'll be posting an extra layout each Sunday at noon for the next 4 weeks. Each is following the weekly challenge posted at Lasting Memories and I hope you join the challenge! Post your version through the link at the bottom of their post.

This post is part of my Albuquerque trip in October 2019. I chose one of the less popular trails at Petroglyph National Monument as I wanted some solitude as I explored. There were few others on the trail but I did come across some interesting wildlife, including the coyote featured in the camera below. 



For Sunday, October 6th, the challenge is LM #722 - Pumpkins - use at least 50% orange and include something round. This layout is based on a 1-2-3 sketch from Noreen Smith. You can watch the video of her layout here. It's a pretty straightforward cut, but I did make some adjustments. Knowing that one of the paper blocks would be 4x6, I substituted the one from the printed paper with a mat I had from the matching collection. The page that I cut is the one on the far left--it's a page from the Mellow Meadows pack and is a photographic paper. I thought the thin stalks (wheat?) would match the scant vegetation of the trail I walked. I also used a laser cut title over the base cardstock where another mat was to go (Upper Right). I had thought about stretching it across the photos and the decorative mat in the middle but I decided I wanted it to be all one color. I added a coordinating journal box to keep the orange "count" up on the page. Do you think I made it to 50%? 

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous job with the challenge! I think you are very close with the fifty percent orange! Great circle element too! Great job guest designing with us at Lasting Memories Layout Challenges!

    ReplyDelete