Google

Tuesday, November 28, 2023

2018 Convention Part 11--Rain Rain Go Away

Sunday morning our club had planned to have a Ranger Talk focusing on the life of Frederick Douglass in New Bedford. Mother Nature had other ideas and due to the rain, the walk was canceled. Instead, we met in the visitor center and looked at the displays while we talked about the life and times of Frederick Douglass. While we did that I also had a chance to complete the junior ranger books for both the New Bedford Whaling and Frederick Douglass in Massachusetts.



For this layout, I turned to an older Virtual Crop sketch from Creative Memories. I turned the sketch 90 degrees so that I could use the 3 photos for the park brochure. There was just one photo of me in my rain poncho in front of the museum so I highlighted that (see the photo below). I wanted to include both of my junior ranger books so I chose to add a large (6x12) Peekaboo pocket. I used a piece of coordinating paper and attached the brochures with photo corners.



The vertical border is from one of the border maker cartridges. I punched 3 borders total--one in ivory as the front piece. I then layered black "shadow" strips to the left and right. To save paper you can also cut one in half and "stretch" it across the item.

No comments:

Post a Comment