Google

Friday, July 7, 2023

No Pigs are Involved in this Post

It's Hogmanay! That's a Scottish tradition where you celebrate the incoming New Year. The Brearly House in New Jersey hosts one every year. And again, since I now live closer it was easy for me to visit. They have a bonfire (carefully controlled by the fire department) where they encourage you to write down everything you were unhappy with in the previous year and throw it in the fire to BURN! It's quite cathartic. I arranged an NPTC meetup for this event and had a great turnout! It was a very cold night and had recently snowed but we kept warm and enjoyed the event.



This layout is from one of my Paper Loft classes and uses their Euphoria paper kit. I liked the brown tones that also incorporated fun with the banners and diamond prints. I didn't pay any attention to the photo mats--I just placed my photos where I wanted them and it worked out perfectly! I do love their word cut-apart sheets. They are the perfect accents to the page.

The official picture was indoors (and I think everyone appreciated that!) You can also see the organized, polite line of people stamping. I think we were a bit loud and may have drowned out the fiddle player in the next room though. Well, it can be months between seeing each other and there's always a lot to catch up on!



This is the last page of the album so I only needed one page. I used another of the same layouts from Paper loft and again ignored those photo mats. Quick pages!

No comments:

Post a Comment