Google

Friday, July 14, 2023

The Non-Meetup Meetup

My next trip was in February 2018. My friend Alan wanted to put together an NPTC meetup event to coincide with the grand opening of the Morristown Discover History Center (a new museum in the lower level of the visitor center). Unfortunately, Alan didn't get the request submitted in time, so we had no official meetup. Still, there were several club members and we enjoyed our tours. They had selfie stations in the auditorium and I had to take a couple of shots with my "best buds"!



You're seeing the left half of the first 2 pages. Interspersed is an 8 1/2 x 11 page that is in a pocket. Now that I'm using top-loading pocket sleeves from CM I have to take everything out of the pockets if I forget to photograph them when I make the layouts. This particular 2-page layout uses another set of pre-made pages from Paper Loft's Euphoria line. The paper in the 8 1/2 x 11 pocket is one of the few remaining pieces of a paper pad with a patriotic (historic) theme. But it was the perfect size to mount the unigrid and the agenda of the day.

Several highlights of the trip--we got to meet the park superintendent and talk about our club with her; we got to meet the reenactors who are a very fun bunch; and there was a musician playing a variety of historical instruments. 


The back of the pocket page is 2 scraps of paper which come from the same 8 1/2 x 11 paper pad as the front side. I thought the layering worked well and the red plaid was just the right size for matting the photos. I also had some historic stickers which complemented the musician photos perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment