Google

Saturday, May 6, 2023

National Scrapbook Day bonus post! Morristown Grand Opening

 Happy National Scrapbook Day everyone! I'm posting today because I am playing along with one of the Lasting Memories challenges for May. I am currently working on a trip to Morristown in 2018, and you'll hear more about that in a few months. For now, this is the ribbon cutting and a few photos of the newest museum space called the Discovery History Center.



This layout is based on a sketch I saved from Creative Memories. I saved it because Noreen Smith created it! 😀 I used Creative Memories Americana paper for the background and a few of the borders. This was an older kit from 2017 and I only have a few pieces left, but what a great way to use up my scraps! I added a few pieces from Paper Loft's Euphoria papers as well. The stars are from a VERY old scrap pad I had and had to be fussy cut before I paper pieced them together. 

To participate in the Lasting Memories Challenge I needed to use a row from their tic-tac-toe board so I chose the bottom row.


There are more than 2 pattern papers but I think that's OK 😀 The circle became my journal space and I added a punched border in pale ivory to the bottom patterned paper. I hope you enjoy it!

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous historical layout! Great job using up your papers and using the Tic Tac Toe challenge! Thanks for sharing with us at Lasting Memories Layout Challenges!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Thanks for sharing at Lasting Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love history, so how cool to hear that a new history museum opened up! Love the great photos, and your fun title made me smile. Thanks for playing along with the Lasting Memories tic-tac-toe challenge.

    ReplyDelete