Google

Friday, September 23, 2022

Some Retro Pages

As the tour moved upstairs we saw fewer Christmas touches. Mamie and Dwight kept separate bedrooms. Hers all in pink! I guess the general needed his own side to escape the pink. 😁



This layout is based on another CLS PJ party idea. Using the CM Custom Cutting system I cut progressive sizes of shapes and used the positive (shape) and negative (hole) to layer into different pages. I used some retro paper from older CM (I think this is the Vintage pack but it could be something else). The paper matched the decor but to me it all sort of blends together and I don't see the different papers as much as I thought I would. Well, done is better than perfect!

Back downstairs we visited the kitchen (where they are making Christmas Cookies!) and the den (where they are wrapping Christmas Presents). I remember seeing the kitchen on my previous tour but had not known it was state-of-the-art when installed! I always enjoy the den. There's such a warm, homey quality to the space.



The left page is a continuation of the negative/positive papers from the last layout. They were leftover from my cuts so I thought I could stack them in a similar fashion. Again, not my favorite but it does match the kitchen decor. I got to use up some non-CM stash with the stickers of the kitchen goods. The right page is wallpaper. That argyle/border/decorated circle was from a similar pack and since it matched the left page I used it for the den. I think that the paper matches the photos well. 

Just before you exit the house is Eisenhower's workspace for his presidential years. It's a small space as he preferred this home for relaxation. But he could never escape the "football"--yep, that briefcase was the nuclear armament codes! It's of course empty now (or is it!?!). After our tour, some of the group had lunch at the Lincoln Diner in Gettysburg.



This page is my take on a Creative Scrapbooker sketch. This is the link to a page with a step-by-step layout. I used some scraps of paper for the border across the middle and then some longer border stickers from a very old CM Christmas-themed gift pack (it had some strips of paper but never full sheets). I liked that the border helped differentiate between the house and the lunch. Since there was just one photo of the lunch I was worried about making a page. This solved that problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment