Google

Friday, September 16, 2022

A Christmas Twist

Inside the house was made ready for Christmas eve! There were even presents under the tree! I love the way the room was lit and the tree was glowing even though it was in the afternoon.



As I said last week, this is the page I made for my stint as a guest designer with Lasting Memories. The change is that the door photo that you saw last week was originally on this page in the top left. When I got to the remaining photos I realized that I could add another indoor photo here so I carefully peeled the door off and replaced it with the poinsettias. I love collecting memorabilia and added an 8 1/2 x 11 pocket to include the tour brochure. You may recall that the left page is a Fast-to-Fabulous base in the Season's Greetings collection. I have some paper from this line too so I was able to add a bit to the pocket to help match the decorations of the left side.

The living room and dining areas were also heavily decorated for Christmas. Poinsettias were everywhere but so too were vintage decor like the Santa bottom right.



For this layout, I used CM Virtual Crop Sketch #8 from the June Worldwide Virtual Crop. Because the left page is 8 1/2 x 11 I had to modify the proportions. The large butterfly-looking piece in the middle of the sketch was reduced to just the bell on the right page. (I made that bell once before--it's several ovals stacked together). The sketch has borders around the bottom and sides. I used 2 different borders and alternated the colors so each page is a little different. I did keep the stacked corners--just a couple of scrap pieces from the Season's Greetings line. I also used mats from that collection on the right under the photos. The tree and sleigh were fussy-cut from the mats as well. I think I nearly completed this collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment