Google

Friday, September 2, 2022

Meetup at Manassas

 The ultimate purpose of my trip was this meetup on Sunday morning. Shellie (in the denim jacket) wanted to host a meetup and we gathered quite a few people together. We all met at the visitor center, saw the map, and did our stamping. Then we joined a ranger talk that walked to the farms just around the visitor center. We also visited the Stonewall Jackson statue. The ranger pointed out that Jackson was more often than not sleeping while in the saddle and did NOT have the "Superman" physique as the sculptor created. We went to lunch afterward and then I returned home.



This layout is another of the Pajama party layouts. I was a little unsure about using it because I didn't know how to incorporate the 4x6 photo. I cut the right side to fit the square (I think they are 3.5x3.5) and decided to just put the rest on the adjoining block I like the way that it worked. The title of the Stonewall Jackson monument had a similar treatment but I stacked the pieces in one block. My favorite is the lower border on the left page. I just love the way the ovals framed those 2 uniform coats!

No comments:

Post a Comment