Google

Friday, August 26, 2022

Fall at the Wall

 My last stop was a revisit to the Vietnam Veteran's Memorial. This area has 2 distinct phases--The Wall (which comes in the following layout) and the statues of the men and women who served. As the women's monument is nurses, it's the one I gravitate to repeatedly. It's also done in the round; you really need to see it from all sides to understand it.



This layout was done for one of the Creative Life Scrapbooking Pajama Parties. I thought the Chevron Punch (one of the Border Maker Cartridges) worked well for the small strips as it sort of reminds me of sergeant stripes on a uniform. The papers are from the camouflage collection of a few years ago. The cardstock is Copper. It's sort of a green/brown and I find it works best on my military pages. There is a sticker in the EN scrapbook kit that shows the statue of the nurses. That's the only embellishment I needed.

I made my way down to the Wall. The light was starting to fade already but it gave quite a glow to the trees just above. I am always moved by the tributes that are still left for the soldiers listed here. The single yellow rose is an image I think of often.



This layout was also one of the CLS Pajama Party layouts. I used the Spiced Plum collection (it was part of a Secret Box that we opened together for a CM virtual crop). The border above the hexagons is a Wheatfield border. But to me, it echoed the leaves along the top right page. I decorated the hexagons with a multitude of old leaves from my collection. The sticker of the wall and the words Memorial Wall were from a DC Sticker pack I had in my stash.They worked well on the tags from the embellishment kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment