Google

Friday, August 19, 2022

A Short Bus Ride Later

Though I was done with the Obscure Monuments Tour, I didn't leave DC right away. I took the Circulator bus (just $2!) back to the main part of the mall. I got off at the Lincoln Memorial and decided to renew my stamps there. It has been a while since I visited. I do enjoy stopping here though.



This is another of the papers from Scrapbook Customs. I just had a few photos of the monument and by trimming the "I Have a Dream" image to a small circle, I was able to arrange them around the photo of the memorial on the paper. 

My next stop was across the road at the Korean War Memorial. This one is so realistic I always expect one of the statues to start talking to me. I noticed that the statues were signed by the sculptor. That was a new revelation for me.



Well, I've looked high and low and I cannot figure out if this was a sketch. I think it isn't just because of the simplicity of the design. It's wallpaper with 2 strips of brown (those are old CM Natural Impressions strips that came pre-cut in the kit). I added some of the shoe bootprints--which fit well with the soldier theme. The mats are stone texture paper. That's an old Adventure pack so might be the last of that paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment