Google

Friday, June 17, 2022

Summer Road Trip part 8--Why is the Ridge so Blue? (POST #300!)

 That's right! This is my 300th blog post! I thank all of you for joining me in my weekly look at my travels.

After leaving Guilford Courthouse I started heading north/northwest. My next stop took me to the Blue Ridge Parkway. I won't have time to see all of it, but I wanted to do more than accidentally drive along some of it on the way to the Great Smokies! (That story didn't make it into the blog, but we did have an interesting ride in the dark!) I got to see Mabry's Mill village and the Music Center. Somehow I didn't take photos of the Music Center so all I have is the entry sign.



The right page may look familiar to you. It was designed as part of my Guest Designer role from Lasting Memories last summer. You can review that post here. As I started putting pages in the album, I needed the left page for the unigrid and the park signs. I based that layout on a Club Scrap post featuring their National Parks pages. I had some of their paper left so I was able to recreate it fairly closely.

While at Mabry's Mill, I stopped for lunch. I had a "comfort food" meal of meatloaf and mashed potatoes (I even took a photo). I capped it off with a blackberry cobbler (blackberries are my FAVORITE fruit). Honestly, I forgot to photograph my dessert so I pulled a photo of the internet to complete my layout!



I made this layout during my Summer MotherLOAD class. The prompt of the day was Chocolate or Strawberry. I chose "berry" as a more generic term but did include a lot of pinks on the page. I broke out a tablet of cooking-themed papers that I had bought at a scrapbook yard sale. I bought it because my niece had just been accepted to a culinary program at the Vo-Tech school. The pad has some paper that is just colored prints so I was able to mix and match them. The design of the layout was based on a CM sketch from April 2018 that I had saved.

I had time to tour the village. This historic home charmed me. You'll see more of the village next week, but for now, check out the antique checkers set using corn cobs and cut branches! Nostalgic, but do I really want to go back and live in primitive conditions? Probably not!



This layout is based on one of my Scrap Your Stash monthly sketches from September 2021. I used the Home stead collection from Creative Memories. It had a nice shabby chic look to it that went well with this homestead. The bottom border is one of the laser die-cut borders. I love the intricate detail they add to a page!

No comments:

Post a Comment