Google

Friday, May 20, 2022

Summer Road Trip Part 4--Moore's Creek

Near the end of the first week, I took some time to return to Moore's Creek National Battlefield. They were having a special event, a Living History Weekend, and I wanted to see what they had planned. I parked near the visitor center and walked the first part of the battlefield trail to get to the encampment. 



The left photo was created for the Summer MotherLOAD class. The daily prompt asked if we were "city" or "country". I chose "Country" and used that prompt to spur this page of the fields entering the walking trail. The papers came from Spring Medley. I was working in a hotel room on layouts for the last week of August so my options were a bit limited. I believe I took this collection because the tones matched some of the seaside papers I had also pulled. Just goes to show you, don't pick the collection because of the name, use the papers to guide the layout! (Well, so long as they match the photos).

The right page was one of the August Classes also from Noreen Smith. I liked that I could use some non-CM scraps for this page. the background is supposed to be mint, I think. But it gives a nice "green" base for the rest of the page. The orange is a remnant of a Club Scrap paper. The pattern is supposed to be "wheat" but I think that the rest of the garden works well with that as the focus. The border on the right is from a farm pack of stickers. There are a few random vegetable stickers that I think are from the CM "Locally Grown" pack.

The next layout may look familiar to you. I created it last summer when I was a guest designer for the Lasting Memories blog. My blog entry can be reviewed here.



Between the Guest Designer work and the Summer MotherLOAD challenges, I was doing a lot of my pages out of order. That's not how I typically work so it was interesting to try to fit all the bits and pieces together when I was ready to complete the album.


In addition to the games and entertainment on display, there was a lot of information on foods and cooking in the 18th century. Some of that I know from watching A Taste of History on PBS, but it was nice to see it all up close. I didn't eat any of the food, but the re-enactors did eat their lunch from the stew being made over the fire pit.



This layout was from one of the Creative Life pajama parties. The concept was to make the tiered squares, cut them in half, and layer with a border. Since there was dining, I chose a new punch with plates and silverware. The papers are from the very old Earthy palette. I think they matched the tone of the period well. The clusters of diamonds were cut from one of the papers. The half-circle was a large sticker that filled the empty space nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment