Google

Friday, June 4, 2021

Water Water Everywhere

 After leaving Hurricane Ridge, I started driving around the park heading to my hotel for the evening. I stopped at 2 additional locations. Though neither of the stamping centers were open, I was able to see more of the diverse landscape of this unusual park. On the left is Crescent lake and on the right is the beach near Kalaloch. Both were along route 101 as I was driving and well worth the stop.



This layout is really 2 individual pages and yet they are connected by colors. I started with the left page and chose the elements based on a challenge in one of my yearly scrapbooking classes. We were given a chart and had to choose 2 different papers (one from each of 2 lists), a technique to incorporate, an add-on, and a word style. I chose: Paper 1: overall washed/textured look (this is the background blue), Paper 2:cardstock (for the mats), 3) technique: fussy cut (I fussy cut the wavy border along the bottom); 4) add-on: journal card; and 5)word style: Die cut words (the "perfect spot" and "spectacular view are from Paper Loft word sheets). Many times when I see those lists it is daunting to find things that relate but this one came together fairly quickly.

I then chose similar tones to have the beach photos match (same family for the background paper, same cardstock mats and same word die cuts). What you probably didn't even notice is that both papers were from a time when Creative Memories had pages that were slightly under 12x12 (for whatever reason they were 12" x 11.5"). They made "perfect fit paper" (of which these papers are examples) but it is sometimes hard to use them on our newer true 12" pages. So I cut strips from the same paper family and filled in the "gutters" along the outer edges. If you look closely you might see where they fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment