Google

Friday, June 18, 2021

Inside the lodge

The outside of the lodge was amazing. And then you step inside and it's like going back in time! This lodge has a rustic yet sophisticated feel to it. The bedrooms have old-fashioned claw-foot tubs and the lobby is meant to serve as the communal living room. There was a fire in the fireplace and some extremely comfortable leather chairs. I will definitely return for a longer visit.



This layout is from challenge #6 in the CM Virtual Crop from October 2020. I combined elements from 3 different Creative Memories packs. But the best part of the layout (in my opinion) is the border I used where the 2 background elements meet. This is a branch border punch. I chose it because it had a nature theme to it but also because the branches reminded me of the animal head hanging above the fireplace (and in my sticker). The dark brown cardstock draws the eye to the border. 

I chose to substitute one of the 6x4 photos for a large journaling box. Because I did that, I had to find filler for the bottom left and upper right corners. I chose to fill in with sticker clusters. The bottom left is a signpost I created myself from several sticker pieces. I mounted it on lighter paper so it wouldn't get lost in all the brown of the background paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment