Google

Friday, June 11, 2021

Lodge Front and Back

I made it to my hotel--the Lake Quinault Lodge. It's a historic hotel right on the edge of the National Park boundaries. This is the front of the lodge and the photo below is behind the lodge. I was most impressed with the redwoods near the entrance.



I based this layout on a sketch in the October CM Virtual Crop. I used paper from the Explore pack including some small paper borders from a cut-apart sheet. I liked the woodgrain background because of the tree photos.


In the morning I was up early and was able to go down to the lakeside behind the lodge and grab a few photos. The birds were cooperating with me and I got a few choice shots.



This is sketch #3 from the same CM Virtual Crop. There are a variety of paper and sticker packs here. I group my supplies by theme so I could just browse through my "nature and camping" folder for pieces that would work.  I used a lot of blue tones for the lake feel. The rounded piece is a circle that I cut punched around the edges. I used the Cloud border maker punch without the straight guide. I just free-punched all around the edge. By turning the punch upside-down I was able to match up the edges for a smooth look. 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos and an amazing layout. Thank you for sharing with us at lasting memories

    ReplyDelete
  2. The redwoods are amazing…as is your layouts! Thanks for playing along with us at Lasting Memories Layout Challenges!

    ReplyDelete