Google

Friday, February 7, 2020

50 States Album Part 8--Is this heaven? Nope, it's Iowa

I only chose 1 photo for Iowa. This was a trip I took for a conference in Dubuque. I made a side trip to Effigy Mounds. Although I didn't arrive early enough to get into the visitor center, I was able to hike the trails and see the mounds. They were less impressive than I thought they would be and actually didn't photograph well. Maybe it was that it was spring and there were still a lot of leaves on the ground.

I used this pin as inspiration. I found a better background with the barn wall and window and then used the Cricut to create a set of barnyard animals. To change up the journaling I used strips of white paper layered around the animals. There typically isn't a need for a lot of journaling on my state pages since they focus on place.

No comments:

Post a Comment