Google

Friday, May 10, 2019

Mountain home

In the summer of 2013, the NPTC convention was at Shiloh National Military Park. Events were in both Tennessee and Mississippi, and Jim and I planned a 2-day drive to get to the convention. On our way there we stopped at Great Smoky Mountains and drove through the eastern side of the park.

I wanted to use up some of my Fast to Fabulous travel pages, so I pulled out 2 with travel stamps on them (though from 2 different packs). When trying to coordinate the layout, I ran out of room for some of the memorabilia so I added an 8 1/2 x 11 pocket page to hold the brochures. The left page is really just the one photo of me arriving at the visitor center and then I used a mat card (remember what I said about my class from last week!) In trying to tie all the pages together I chose a zig-zag border maker cartridge and cut several coordinating colored borders. The first 2 are in gray tones on the top of the left page and remind me of the mountain chain. On the front of the pocket page I made a border with the Cricut and the Campin' Critters cartridge. Those badges remind me of my Girl Scout days! I used the same paper as the border background to make the zig-zag for the right side.

At the visitor center is a collection of houses taken from the various parts of the mountains and collected to make a village.

For the back of the pocket page I used a deep red cardstock for the zig zags and then for added interest, used them diagonally on the page.  That red was also a good choice because of the red element on the left page that peeks through (the backpack). The right side, the F2F is just 3 photos and 2 stickers so the page came together quickly.

The next few layouts go into the homestead in more detail including the inside of cabins we could see and some of the other buildings common to a mountain home.

I dug through my papers and came up with some very good matches to the photos. On the left, the wood resembles the interior of the cabin. On the right the background is from Club Scrap's farm line. The shed and fence worked perfectly for the outdoor area. On the left, an orange "cut apart" from the same Club Scrap line worked well to break up the dark colors. The title worked perfectly too given the humble abode!

Just a few more outbuildings including a forge!

And this is another example of the sketch that I used last week for the bridge at Moore's Creek. This time paper was from the CM Adventure pack plus some decorative mats from Paper Loft, Club Scrap and some other pack that I apparently bought with farm life :) This time where the 3 photos are to go on the bottom of the right hand page I layered 2 photos to give a better image of the interior of the forge. That's the great thing about sketches, they are FLEXIBLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment