Google

Friday, May 17, 2019

Among the tree tops

We drove further into the Great Smokies with the intent to climb Clingmans Dome. We did it!

On the left is a remnant of paper from the Best in Show pack from CM. Although it's made for animals, the paper is quite useful for many layouts and the clouds were especially useful here. Along the bottom is a sticker border I wanted to use. I was surprised to find that it was really 3 stickers, but they went together so nicely I left them stacked (bottom grass, road and mountain). I added the words "scenic route" to a sign sticker and a vellum car. To me, tht border encapsulates our trip up to the hiking trail. On the right is a page I had originally intended to use for a Girl Scout page. The trees and brown tones also matched the scenic view.

I won't lie, the hike--although short--is strenuous because you start at a higher elevation and climb up another 1000 feet or so. I had to stop often to catch my breath and that's why I chose to have a little fun with the photo of me reaching the top (while gasping for breath).

Still, it's not that I want to highlight that photo so I covered it with a Peekaboo pocket and put the journaling on top. Then on the inside I found a decorative mat that also captured the thrill of the climb!

No comments:

Post a Comment