Google

Friday, August 3, 2018

TIMBER!

After another night in Oshkosh, I was on the road again, this time with no timeline to hold to. I made a random stop at a Jelly Belly tour, and then as I drove through Ohio, I planned to visit the Fallen Timbers Monument. I had attempted a visit on my way out, but timing was off and I couldn't get the stamps. So, this time I went to the library in Maumee, OH, got the stamps and then used the maps provided to find the monument. This is not a full NPS unit yet, but there is land set aside and some monuments to the battles.

The left is a wallpaper page. Not overly detailed, but I amused myself by using "Timber" paper as the background. The right may seem a little short to you. It is actually one of the 8 1/2 x 11 Portrait Sleeves from the original Creative Memories Line. You'll remember that I used these on the cruise to hold the daily newsletters from the cruise line. Each page comes with a piece of cardstock inside, but I wanted to stick with the brown tones, so I substituted a piece of brown/tan from the Eastern National scrapbook collection. I trimmed one of the maps to highlight the area where I visited and to fit the paper. This was the most difficult decision to make as I couldn't figure out how to appropriately display the map to its best advantage.

































The last page of this layout is then the back side of the Pocket Page. Remember I said the paper was 2-toned? The back is this nice shade of tan. This allowed me to use brown stickers from the Eastern National scrapbook kit to highlight the page. It's a cute story if you can read the plaque. I don't often include photos of the plaques, I just take them to remind me of the story so I can journal. But in this case I thought it would make the most sense to post the entire piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment