Google

Friday, August 24, 2018

A Walk through Maggie Walker's House

Maggie Walker's residence was preserved to honor her work in developing community opportunities for African-Americans in the Richmond area. In addition to starting a bank, she had a role in many charitable organizations and women's rights groups. She had some tragedy in her life as well and that is talked about through the tour of her house.

I don't have any photos from the interior of the house, but I was able to get my photo taken with the NPS sign and to show the entire structure by knitting 2 photos together. To highlight the page, I took a rather old idea shown in this pin and updated it with stickers I had on hand (like the shoe instead of glasses shown in the original). Sorry the bottom right corner got cropped too much. That is a sticker of a trunk similar to the one in the pin. The journal box is from a Club Scrap farm/heritage page that I had. I chalked the edges brown to set it off on the page. No matting because the photos are so oddly shaped. Just a simple layout!

No comments:

Post a Comment