Google

Friday, July 20, 2018

Raspberry Island Lighthouse

After grabbing some lunch, I boarded another boat for a trip with the club, this time to Raspberry Island. The island is still used as a place for a lighthouse, but the maintenance is MUCH less than when lighthouse keepers lived there year-round in the 1800s.

This layout was one that I made during my year of classes at Enchanted Memories. This is the Graphic 45 Place in Time paper. We made a layout for each month and the idea was to have a single album with all the layouts in one place. Since I'm such a free spirit (😊) I chose to use the layouts throughout my albums. So, it was July of 2012 and I was heading to a historic area on a lake where nautical/beach paper makes sense. It was the perfect opportunity to use it! I didn't have to edit the photos much to fit the page surprisingly. And the post card became the perfect place to store the ticket from the trip!

As we arrived, we found a rather long climb to get to the house on the bluff. But it was worth it as we got to see the house and storage sheds for the light.

This layout is similar to the first, and I wanted to create it for that reason. It provided a little continuity in the book. The paper is from Graphic 45's By the Sea collection which has been retired. However, I still had the paper and a link to the layout directions, so I was able to piece it together. This time the postcard became my journaling box.

Out in the yard, there were gardens and sports equipment featured. This is how families who lived in the house would spend their leisure hours in the summer.
The left page features some stickers I had been holding onto for YEARS. It's so rewarding when you can finally use something, and the croquet balls were in that category. I found paper that had multi-colored polka dots and I thought that a good background. But I didn't want to interfere with the border, so I cut it down to a 10" square and just mounted it in the middle. The bottom border is a retired Creative Memories border maker cartridge called "rustic fence". For the right page, it is wall paper. There actually is a pattern to the paper, but it is so light it isn't visible in the photo. To match the red tones of the left page I chose a border sticker and some flowers in red/pink to set off the natural beauty in the photos.

Next our tour took us into the home. We started in the kitchen and worked our way upstairs to the bedrooms.

These are both Fast to Fabulous pages from the Gallivant line. On the left I simply matted the photos in a rustic red. On the right I added borders which sort of looked like old wallpaper. It was too difficult to mat the photos since I took panoramic versions and glued them together. But I did like the look of seeing the whole room that way.

Our last stop was to go out on the walk surrounding the light (which is actually in the house, not a separate structure). I didn't venture out because the port hole exit was REALLY tiny. But I did capture some of our tour group as they looked across the water.

Does this page look familiar? 😀 This page featured photos of the entire house and I really liked that lighthouse paper. This ended the convention trip, but there are still parks to visit as I drove home. Next week a big air show!

No comments:

Post a Comment