Google

Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Alligator Alley Part 3!!

Yes, even more alligators! This nest is near where the tram stopped (you'll see the viewing tower in a couple of weeks). The photo of the gator is actually from the return trip. We saw many different animals in trees and on logs as we returned. I just wanted to put all the alligator material on one page.



This layout is based on yet another sketch from the 101 Sketch Book CM produced (I'm trying to use every sketch in the book for one of their challenges). The sketch can be found on page 19. I used a border punch to create the decorative corners. I thought the wave would match the alligator/water elements well. Had I thought about it a bit more, I might have been able to get the corners punched without creating that break between the left and bottom pages (a similar problem on the top and right pages). The base is dark brown cardstock. To save weight, there are just pieces glued behind the cut corners. The middle square is from the Totally Tonal Zoo Textures pack. It looked a LOT like alligator skin to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment