Google

Friday, October 28, 2022

Just Outside of the New Park

 After our meetup concluded, I chose to explore a few other nearby areas. This is the Bucktown General Store. When Harriet was a small child she was in this store when another enslaved person was trying to run away. That enslaved man's overseer grabbed a weight off the counter and threw it at the escaping man but hit Harriet instead. This is what people attribute to her subsequent "visions" that would propel (and possibly save her) through her life. The store and its shelves are filled with the goods you would have seen in the mid-1800s around the time Harriet was here. And there is a Passport stamp here. 



This is a layout I made at a weekend class for my scrapbook customers. If you haven't been to my CM Facebook page, this is the link: https://www.facebook.com/CorriganCM. Typically I have a class on a Saturday afternoon where I share up to 4 of Noreen Smith's 1-2-3 layouts. (One piece of double-sided paper, 2 sheets of cardstock or base pages, 3 cuts). Anyone is welcome to join but you must email me for the Zoom link and instructions. I cannot record the sessions. 

The papers used here are from a free paper pack I earned called "Timeless". With the yellows and creams of the photos, I think the yellow paper with trees created a nice base. The 2 background pages are also from the pack. That's a new trend for me. I tend to work directly on the strap-hinge pages Creative Memories makes. The sticker clusters are from some older packs I had with a "farm" feel to them. I think the elements would be those found inside the store. I had one non-CM product--the mason jar element. I trimmed a piece of journal paper to create a nice spot to write my notes of the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment