Google

Friday, January 14, 2022

The Last of the Flower Show

The hours for the Flower Show were ending as I came to the smaller displays. Here is my final entry in the album--the Edgar Allan Poe cabin from Acadia. Poe shows up in a number of National Parks, and of course, has his own in the Philadelphia area. But here we see a highlight of his stay in one of the cottages. They decorated the door and yard with symbols of his writing such as a typewriter and a raven. I thought it was well done and made for a great ending page.



This layout is based on one of my year-long classes so I can't show you the sketch. I based the color scheme on the door with its rich purple. The Secret Garden stash which I bought specifically for this album (and yet used very little of) did come in for the last page. The washed look of the purple background was a great canvas for the floral aqua-colored papers and stickers. I used a dark purple cardstock for the middle strip and was also able to journal using a white gel pen. The original sketch was to be just 4 photos in 4x4 size, but there was no way for me to trim the upper left photo so it's a bit asymmetrical and yet works. I hope you enjoyed the past months traveling across the country through one evening at the flower show. Join me next week as I return to my larger travels and we head to the First State National Historical Park!

No comments:

Post a Comment