Google

Friday, January 21, 2022

And Yet More Flowers!

 Well, although we left the flower show, I have another page of flowers to share! My next trip was in April 2016. I had been in Atlantic City for a conference and had a long weekend to drive back to Lancaster. I started with a drive down to Cape May where I caught the ferry to Lewes, DE. My plan was to visit all the sites in the rather new National Park called "First State". In Lewes is a small house called the Rhys Holt house and that was my first destination While I did get a stamp at the house there was no tour, so instead I walked around the town. They were having a tulip festival and it was a beautiful day for walking.



This layout is based on another of my class sketches. The basic idea was to have similarly toned borders on the left and right. I had made the tulip journal box and matching borders YEARS before. While I would not normally have chosen yellow for the palette I was following an example I found online. For the right side and the banners, I found the same paper to bring the color all the way across the page. Then I added some additional flower stickers ( the red tulips were from the same original kit called "Cabana").

No comments:

Post a Comment