Google

Friday, May 29, 2020

50 States Album part 24--South Dakota

Another layout based on our summer 2017 "Great Western Loop" trip for the National Park Travelers Club convention. These were just 2 of the parks in South Dakota. We also went to the Minuteman Missile complex, Wind Cave and Jewel Cave. But these 2 do say "South Dakota" the most I think. My favorite mental image was in the Badlands and Jim was so intrigued by the structures we had to stop the car so he could go out and touch the rocks to see what it was all about.

The inspiration for this page started with this idea. No, it doesn't really resemble that page. What I took from the initial layout was the rope idea. I started looking for a rope theme and found a paper similar to this one (but a little curvier). Since I was looking for a rope across the page, I cut off a single strand. Since I had ruined the paper I decided to cut out more strands and then started playing with them until I figured out the rope border was really all I needed. The state shape became a mat this time. The Mount Rushmore die-cut in the upper left is a Cricut cut from a cartridge I own called Destinations. The title under our photo at Mount Rushmore is from a sticker pack someone gave me.

No comments:

Post a Comment