Google

Friday, May 8, 2020

50-states Album part 21--Home Sweet Home: Pennsylvania

I knew Pennsylvania would be a tricky state to do for me since it is less a "destination". But I've lived all over the state so I wanted to include as much of my history as I could. I ended up including photos of 3 of the houses I've lived in as well as a couple of other notable spots like where I went to school.

The color palette had to be yellow and black of course since I'm a fan of all the Pittsburgh teams. The letters for "HOME" were cut on the Cricut. A look at the "top" level shows my first home and my current home. You can see that there's more underneath and you can see a star in Erie (one of the places I went to school).

Opening the first two flaps you can see highlights of where I visit. Primanti Bros. restaurant is always a favorite stop when in Pittsburgh. On the right is me with the Drexel Dragon on the day I dropped off my dissertation for my doctorate.

In the middle view, you can read more of the journaling and you can see more cities. I found small icons to represent the various locations. The steel mill for Pittsburgh was a good find for me. The pine trees in the Poconos area are a Creative Memories punch.

Lifting the journal box you can see the expanded view of the state and the first home Jim and I bought together in 1994.
The overall idea for this page came from this layout. I like what I've made. I do wish that I could have included more but I think it would have made the state too cluttered. Given all the flaps, it's one of the heaviest pages in the album now.

No comments:

Post a Comment