Google

Friday, April 10, 2020

50-States Album Part 17--North Carolina

 Jim's family traditionally takes a week vacation in North Carolina each summer so I've made many trips to that state--generally in the Atlantic Beach area. That is very close to Cape Lookout so I've made several visits to the visitor center as well as the lighthouse which is on an island offshore. The Old Burying Ground is in nearby Beaufort and is another favorite spot to visit while we are in the area. There are some very interesting characters buried there.

The background paper is from Keller's Creations. I discovered that company at a scrapbook convention in Lancaster. They teach a class on quick layouts with their paper packs. They have some pre-cut shapes that help things come together quickly. I used the 6" square technique to create the background.
The polaroid looking photos on the left were from a different kit that I used and had leftover. The center one with the die cuts was meant as decoration. The other 2 were empty. I matted them with coordinating blue cardstock and added some embellishments from the cut-out page included with the paper. The letters were also part of the kit and I like the way I arranged the state name.

No comments:

Post a Comment