Google

Friday, April 3, 2020

50-states album Part 16--New York

Some of my favorite trips to New York are shown below. Mom, my sister Sue and I took a bus trip to New York City for a day and we got to go to the Statue of Liberty. This was pre-9-11 and you could just take a ferry over and line up to get inside. Another trip was when Jim and I took a long weekend and drove randomly to the Finger Lakes and then ended up in Niagara Falls.


The basis for this page was this quilt block. I know that's a bit unusual, but you can get inspiration from just about anywhere. I know I've seen challenges where you interpret a magazine ad and transform it into a scrapbook layout. In reality, it isn't much different from following a sketch. What I took from that block was the icons for Niagara Falls, the Statue of Liberty and the state shape. I used a piece of paper that has a watery look to it so the backdrop behind the Cricut cut of the falls would be more realistic.

The top of the page is a  border maker cartridge from Our Memories For Life (OMFL) which was an offshoot of the original Creative Memories. The pattern in that direction echoed the falls to me. The  Statue of Liberty cut came from a Destinations cartridge for the Cricut.

No comments:

Post a Comment