Google

Friday, March 13, 2020

50 States Album part 13--Nebraska

Our trip to Nebraska was the later part of the "Great Western Loop"--the NPTC convention in 2017. We flew into Denver, drove through Wyoming up to Mount Rushmore in South Dakota and then south through Nebraska to return to Colorado.

This was an unusual inspiration. I based this page on a greeting card. It's not the first time I've done that, but usually, it's a sketch that I transform. I like the thought of corn for Nebraska. Indeed we drove through farmland and it was about all we did see other than Scott's Bluff. The bottom of the page, the green gingham, was cut and layered over the black cardstock to highlight the bottom. The letters to spell the state name were from a kit. The tiny letters do not fare well in my stash and so I had to edit a "4" for the letter "A". The bottom corn stalks are border punches from a vine punch that CM makes. Those corn ears are actually cut from a VERY old calendar with scrapbook mats. They were the center of the green mat. You can't tell it's cut because the photo blocks the holes nicely. The top corn ear was a random sticker I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment