Google

Friday, January 10, 2020

50 States Album-Part 4: Colorado

Jim and I have been to Colorado a few times. Our most recent trip was summer 2017 when we flew in and out of Denver for our Great Western Loop. Before flying home we went to visit my aunt and uncle who live near Florissant and so, of course, stopped at the NPS Unit there (Florissant Fossil Beds).

I used the left side of this layout as the basis for the page. Instead of buying the kit, I made or had all the components. The title is reminiscent of the Colorado flag and I did have to hand-cut the red circle for the "C". The rest of the large letters I actually had from an old CM pack. I used the same red and yellow for photo and journal mats to bring the page together.
The trees at the bottom were all die-cuts that I had, including the group of 4 that forms the back of the lake. I am not sure why I have a border that is less than 12" but it worked out in this setting. I chalked the outline of each to show on the dark blue background. I hand cut the lake and added a moose sticker I had on hand to complete the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment