Google

Friday, December 6, 2019

Taking the Tour

My next trip was in October 2014. On my way home from an all-day surgical technology conference, I stopped for a few stamps at Manassas National Battlefield. It was getting close to the end of the day so I had a choice of seeing the Stone House or watching the movie. Well, of course, I had to take the tour!

This layout is another sketch challenge from Creative Memories. As you can see, the sketch really focused on vertical photos and I only had 1 for this layout. In fact, the photos I worked on during the entire virtual crop were almost all horizontal. So instead of focusing on the photo arrangement, I focused on the page elements. There were several complimentary strips of paper crossing the pages and a couple of areas for embellishments.  I chose the Timeworn paper for the edging of brick on one page and cut both copies of the sheet at the same time to prevent un-even edges. The rest of the strips were scraps from a previous layout and worked with the tones of the page.

The left page embellishment was made by Creative Memories. I just had to put adhesive on--the components were already layered. I stacked the stickers on the right, though I think I did a pretty good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment