Google

Friday, December 20, 2019

All-American (The 50-states album part 1)

I'm going to side-track a little as I prepare more national park pages. In addition to visiting all the national park units, I want to visit all 50 states (which, if I get to all the parks, I will have done!) To highlight that goal, I'm creating a 50-states album. Each state gets one 12x12 page and I plan on putting 1-3 photos of me in the state (in front of something that represents the state--that's my hardest challenge so far). While most of these pages will have a national park in the photos, not all will. So it's a little off-topic (including today's post). But it will make more sense if you can see all the states!

OK, my first page done (with photos of me) is Alaska. If you see a state out of alphabetical order, I've either not visited or didn't get photos of myself that will demonstrate my visit. These photos were taken on our Inside Passage cruise in July 2014.

The theme for this page was taken from this Pinterest layout. I found multiple free files to cut the state outline on the Cricut and then added just a couple of stickers for "theme" purposes. The bear and totem pole captured that trip perfectly. I do love the font I used for the state name, though each line had to be applied separately (detail work never being my strong suit). The plaid background was a good choice to set off the paper strip and the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment