Google

Friday, September 8, 2023

On the Green

My next NPS trip was on July 7, 2018. I had a free day for a Saturday so decided to pick up the Delaware capitol stamp as well as re-visit First State. While I had been to Dover previously, I had not focused on the actual "Green" which is a large park-like space in front of the Old Courthouse. They have guided tours on the weekends so I timed my visit to see one. It was a warm day but we were able to keep to the shade as much as possible. 



Does this layout look familiar? That's because I posted it a few weeks ago when it was made. Check this blog post for details on the creation.


The tour continued through several blocks. We didn't go inside any of the buildings (other than a gift shop) so I only have the doors and porches for many of the buildings. We did get to visit a cemetery and while that is probably not someone's idea of a great tour, I love to look at old gravestones. 


For this layout, I used a sketch from my summer class. As I posted when done, I felt like I "fought" with these photos for several days before figuring out how to make them work. I kept the Avocado cardstock as a base to have continuity between the first and second layouts. The contrasting paper is from Paper Loft. Since I doubled the sketch I couldn't use one of the large triangles for mats, so I used similarly toned paper scraps from Paper Loft. The stickers were from a Serenity sticker pack from CM.

No comments:

Post a Comment