Google

Friday, September 29, 2023

2018 Convention Part 1--title and itinerary

It's time to highlight the 2018 National Park Travelers Club Convention. This trip did not get one of Jim's special monikers because it was really just a long weekend. I had just started a new job and didn't have much vacation time saved up so I minimized my days off. The host park for this convention was New Bedford Whaling. That's a unique concept as it doesn't commemorate just one individual, but an entire industry that was mainly housed in that area. Even if it's a short trip, I still had enough photos to warrant its own album. 



The album cover also has a ship's wheel, so I thought this was a great title page. It's based on this layout from the CM Blog. My first plan was to cut a ship's wheel on the Cricut. However, I was at a crop when it was time to make the page and I didn't have a Cricut available. I did use a Cricut to cut out the letters, but after I returned to my scrap room. 

As I mentioned, this was a long weekend. You can see from the itinerary that it was a total of 4 days. And 2 of them were driving back and forth to Massachusetts from our home north of Philly. And I still grit my teeth remembering the traffic going through Connecticut.



This layout is based on a sketch from Sketches in Thyme's July challenges. The sketch included a place for an 8x10 photo. I took that space and made the itinerary from a large piece of journal paper. Such a short trip that I had MORE than enough space to detail our wanderings. That meant I could add a few larger stickers and die cuts to the bottom. I split a laser-cut border from the CM Automobiles pack to frame the edges of the journal box. The background paper is a page I've had in my collection for YEARS! I was so happy to figure out a way to use it. I still have 1 more piece (as I usually by everything in twos) so be on the lookout for the next usage!

No comments:

Post a Comment