Google

Friday, February 3, 2023

The Great Western Journey part 7--Dinner with Teddy Roosevelt

 We arrived at our host hotel on Thursday afternoon and picked up our registration bags for the conference. Our first event was that evening. A gentleman who doubles as Teddy Roosevelt came to a special dinner. After eating he gave an overview of Teddy's life in great detail. Below you can see that he took time to pose with the guests (including a Teddy Bear).



This layout uses papers in one of the Prismatic packs. It was free when you ordered the Tonal Collections in early 2022. The paper has a design on one side and the other has lines with suggested cuts. By making the cuts and reassembling the papers you can create designs as seen in this CM blog post. While I did not follow any specific layout, I did use the cuts to create some layered shapes and develop this layout. The borders at the top and bottom are stickers from the coordinating pack. The primary motivational color was brown (walls and Teddy's outfit), and the green contrasted that. You'll notice several patterns. So long as you keep the patterns to 1 small, 1 medium, and 1 large, you can mix and match on the page without overwhelming the viewer.

I took a lot more photos of the various tables of diners. I've met and become friends with a lot of people over the years so it seemed I knew someone just about at every table. To incorporate all of them I used some extra pockets. You can see in the 2nd photo the "inside" with more diners.






The layout for this came from a class I took so I cannot show the sketch. I liked the repeating border across the middle of the paper. I chose papers from a Paper Loft kit called Euphoria (I think). They have paper that is heavier--almost cardstock weight--and is printed in 2 designs. I gutted the blue gingham paper and flipped over the middle to the cream side. I used a variety of papers in the collection to punch borders and then layered them across the pages. They supply some cardstock sheets with words for decoration and I used those at the top of the page (and one on the inside pocket at the bottom right). Since the borders were so bold I didn't need much else.

No comments:

Post a Comment