Google

Friday, November 19, 2021

Poetic License

The title this week is the only thing I can think of to explain the next exhibit. If you see the actual monument at Lincoln's Birthplace, you will see a large marble structure. Inside there IS a replica of a birth cabin. The display below in no way resembles either of those 2 entities. But they were going for rustic simplicity and I suppose they did achieve their goal.



I looked through my saved pins featuring flowers and a general "Spring" theme and found this blog post from Creative Memories. I had pulled my Full Bloom collection as one of the items I wanted to use for this album and so I was able to replicate the borders. Given the large photo (created by welding 3 separate 4x6 photos together) it seemed the perfect backdrop to the rustic garden on display. I was also able to use a few of my paper flowers in the upper right corner. It's not a design element I use often so when I get a chance to use my stash I take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment