Google

Friday, July 31, 2020

Back in Time--LBJ's Boyhood Home

It's time to return to our chronological pages! As you may have forgotten, the last post in the chronological albums was 8 months ago and featured Manassas in October 2014. It wasn't until May of 2015 that I had any additional park photos to share. Jim and I had taken a trip to Texas as I was speaking at a Surgical Technology Conference. We added a few days of sightseeing before the conference and we traveled first to the LBJ National Historic Site. This is a collection of sites and the first stop after the visitor center was the Boyhood Home.
































What you see above is an 8 1/2 x 11 pocket page. I had trouble getting the brochure onto the layout and so decided to use the pocket to give me some extra room. I used a piece of patterned paper as the background, using something similar to what would go on the next page to have some consistency. If you see this book in person you'll see that you can just see the edge of the following page along the side.

We toured the home with a ranger--just Jim and me on the tour. It's a very primitive house full of lovely vintage pieces. These are my favorite types of structures to visit. I love the old kitchen stoves and the hand-operated gears. Not that I don't like modern conveniences. I just find the setting homey.

The photo on the top of the right page is a combination to create the panorama. No sketch or inspiration page this time--I just went through my supplies and tried to arrange things in a way that would highlight the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment