Google

Friday, July 10, 2020

50-states album part 30: West Virginia

West Virginia has always been a transit state for me--a way to get to Virginia and points south. There are only a few trips to West Virginia that I remember. Of those 3 trips, there is only one photo of me with a landmark and that's this trip to Harper's Ferry. The landmark is called Jefferson Rock because it is supposedly where Thomas Jefferson stood to survey the area (when it was still part of Virginia).

The layout is based on this page. I liked the subdued colors and the burlap feel of the original. But I'm not one to use a heavy fabric like that on a page. I found a sheet of paper from the Creative Memories Textiles "Cloth" pack which worked well and then a strip of a wood grain paper across the bottom. The tag used as a journaling box is a real kraft tag. The title and the state shape were cut on the Cricut. I wanted to add a touch about one of my other visits--the Beckley Mine Museum--so I used a cut I made previously (check out the Pennsylvania page) to give a little more "identity" to the state. The banners at the top were made of scrap paper. And I was glad to use up some very old flower stickers to complete the look.

No comments:

Post a Comment