Google

Friday, September 27, 2019

Antietam part 1--the beginning and the end

Another part of my spring break trip was to visit Antietam. I have still not been able to get into the Pry Field house as the visiting window is just May to October, so I'm sure I'll have to go back. This week we look at the beginning and end of my auto tour. Next week we'll look at some of the monuments I saw.

This layout is scraplifted from Pinterest. I turned this into a 2-page layout by doubling the stars and the blue banner across the middle. The base pages are from Graphic 45 (see, they do make pages without too much embellishment!) On the flip side is one of the months from Places in Time. I bought a bunch of them to use this reverse side with just some corner flourishes. The large corner stars were cut on the Cricut from basic shapes while the smaller ones were scraps from various sticker and die-cut packs.

Part of the tour included a stop near this LONG fence and I took a LOT of photos though only 2 made it into the scrapbook. I also climbed a viewing tower for a nice overlook of the battlefield.
The left page is a paper I had printed. I downloaded the design with some Gettysburg Civil War pages from someone on Etsy but this one will work for a variety of pages. The right is some civil war canon paper I picked up at one of the scrapbook conventions I visited. The bottom right of the red star page and the journal box are all decorated with stickers from the EN scrapbook kit. Notice that I spaced them so the canon stickers are on the opposite page and the sticker of Burnsides Bridge is on the top of the page while the photo is on the bottom. That helps with the movement of the reader's eyes across the layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment