Google

Friday, August 2, 2019

Southwestern Life

The word Presidio means "fort". Tubac is a small town just north of the Tumacacori site. Although this is a state park, it is associated with Juan Bautista de Anza and had a stamp from the trail. I spent a bit of time looking through the museum. There are several buildings to tour.

This layout was another one created for the CM Virtual Crop in April. You can see the sketch here. It was a great way to use up scraps of paper. You can probably recognize the tan and red checked papers from  the Tumacacori page. There are remnants of other papers from my southwest trip as well. I even found a similarly toned journal box. The lesson on color stuck with me from the Tumacacori mortuary chapel layout and I found more of the purple and yellow stickers to layer. The stickers were more transparent than I would have thought, but I think the overall effect is nice.

One of the other buildings on the site is a vintage 1-room school house.

I used one more CM Virtual crop sketch. For this layout I used a very old pack of paper from the original CM called "Cottage". The papers were not quite 12" square so this was a good use of them--using smaller bits to trim a layout. I also had coordinating stickers with a school theme and I think they paired well with the photos. I'm working hard on using up my sticker letters. I added the "School Days" letters to the books sticker as a title. The letters are all the same size, but match the variety of paper colors rather than being monochromatic. I believe I'll be doing this a lot more in the future as I whittle down my stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment