Google

Friday, July 19, 2019

Just North of the Border

In September 2013 I traveled to the Tucson, AZ area for a conference. Afterward I did a bit of touring. One of my first stops was this little National Park Site near the Mexican border (I had to pass through a checkpoint to prove I was a citizen before returning north). It's a lovely old mission and well preserved.
The left page was made for a Creative Memories virtual crop. You can see the sketch here on my Pinterest board. Because this crop allowed us to use any Creative Memories product, not just from the previous 6-months released items, I dug deep into my stash and found the beige checkerboard print for the borders. The stickers are also older CM items. I'm learning now to figure out my background and THEN cut the photos. In this way I can crop to the same height for a nice, symmetrical page.The right page was made as a companion piece. I had a piece of the Mix and Match orange left with a nice ombre effect. I chose to add red checkerboard to give a bit more color.

While at the site I watched the video and walked through many of the buildings that were open. Amazing to see some of the original art work still visible.

These pages are also a sketch from the virtual crop and this time it was a 2-page layout. Again, I used the Mix and Match orange papers (this time the diamond print paper). I found the cute cut-out of a mission-style church as a free SVG. It only cut the black lines and the white "stucco" of the building. I backed the windows and doors with colored paper to give it a little definition. The journal box also had some brown tones and I really wanted the pages to pop. After sleeping on it, I realized that what I needed to add was more color. I had some older CM sticker packs which were just design lines and squares. Then I looked through my paper flower stash and found a few that I could stack that matched my purple and red tones. I really like the way it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment